Sunday 24 October 2010

Hour#1 : Where To start



"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...
not going all the way, and not starting."
Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C

Obviously creating this blog, hacking the design a little, writing the first post and about page, then writing this...

At an attempt to start minimalising my possessions I thought I'd list and detail the areas which need focus and attention.

List of physical spaces (in order of priority):
  • Living Room : even though I have an office I don't use it. Most of my time is spent here in the living room - main issue is keeping the table and two sofas clear from clutter.
  • Bedroom : it's pretty sparse but important - main issue is the dirty clothes box (and the clutter on it's top).
  • Office : (or basically my junk room) where the majority of my stuff I never use is - main issue is the whole space.
  • Kitchen : lots of cupboard space but the problem I have is not washing up regularly - main issue is washing up.
  • Closets : housing my clothes, boxes, old paintings (canvases), filing cabinet, shoes etc - main issue is just too much stuff.
  • Bathroom : pretty empty - main issue is the er, don't know.
  • Car : not too bad but never clean it - main issue is keeping it clean.
List of online spaces (not in order of priority):
  • Google Docs : use this platform as my main invoicing archiver plus development area - main issue is that there's just too many docs.
  • RSS : at the moment I subscribe to 281 feeds - main issue is too many feeds.
  • Blogs / sites : currently blog at MediaSnackers, Social Media For Suits, Gnat Gnat and now here - main issue is time to create content for all of them.
  • Twitter : currently using Chump Dump to try and reduce down the 500+ people I follow - main issue is too many 'friends'.
  • Facebook : same as above.
List of other things :
  • Post : I HATE paper and post. Sometimes statements and bills don't get open for weeks at a time - main issue is action not collection.
  • Business paperwork : same as above.
  • Hard-drive : iTunes, Files, Folders, notes etc - main issue is too much data.
Got to start somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment